Sep 3, 2012

China Glaze Señorita Bonita and lots of stamping


Here's a manicure I'm not sure about. This is China Glaze Señorita Bonita stamped with a sh*tload of images. 


I think layered stamping is super fun, but I'm not seeing much of it online. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places? Seeing how the different images interact with each other and then depth you can create with layering is really fascinating to me. 


It does look kind of random from afar, sometimes, but to me it's like a pattern on fabric or a painting where you can discover a thousand new things if you look close enough. 


Señorita Bonita itself is a really rich purple with little orange flecks in it. I stamped mostly with metallic and also some holo polishes. I think using different finishes gives the whole nail more dimension. 


Here are all the polishes and stamping plates I used for this mani. The placements of the stamps differ from nail to nail, but the colors and images are the same. 


The one thing I had a problem with in this mani was the Konad White stamping polish. I used it for the last stamp (the little flowers scattered on top) and the top coat I used (inm Out the Door) smudged the image on most of my nails. 


Sometimes I really want to spend some time with my nail stuff, and layering stamps is the perfect opportunity for that. 

1 comment: