Sep 5, 2012

31 Day Challenge, Day 5 : Blue


Welcome to day 5 of the 31 Day Challenge, blue! Blue is one of my favorite colors, in any shade. So why not try to put together as many as I can? 


I used Essence Blue Addicted, which is a dupe of Deborah Lippmanns Across the Universe. Since I don't own any Deborah Lippmann polishes, I can only judge from pictures other bloggers took, but I think color-wise it's pretty much the same. You can check out a comparison at The Polish Well


Isn't she lovely? Tiny blue glitter and larger green and pale blue hex glitter suspended in a blue jelly base. Instead of the universe or my addiction to blue, I thought about the sea when I saw this beauty. Especially the sparkle of a light breeze on the surface of the ocean. 


I added a stamp from the BM-313 plate on top with Kiko Peacock Green to simulate the ripple effect of wind on water. I love how much depth this polish has, with one coat applied like regular polishes and a second with the dabbing method. 


I'm still on the hunt for the perfect underwear for this polish, since the bottle is getting pretty empty already from only one manicure and one pedicure. I'm also seriously contemplating getting a back up, because, well, just look at those nails! 

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that Essence polish, it's one of my faves (and mine is running out too :-(
    Last time I put OPI Russian Navy underneath and that worked quite well.

    Goregous mani! I love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It must've looked really great over Russian Navy, I had it in my hand today, but I couldn't bring myself to buy it. They want 14€ for OPI here! I'm looking for an online store that sells OPI and ships to spain, but I haven't had any luck yet.

      Delete