Sep 8, 2012

31 Day Challenge, Day 8: Metallic


Welcome to day 8 of the 31 Day Challenge, metallic nails! I got my first Orly polish recently, and I'm completely in love! You might have already seen it in my day 6 post, but this is ther first time I actually used it as a base. 


This is two coats of Orly Glitz, stamped with Essence matte black stamping polish and BM-323.  On my pointer I'm wearing 2 coats Jordana Black Charm. I love how sparkly and warm the gold is, you get perfect coverage with 2 coats and it's not gloopy or streaky. When I first applied it, I thought this would show every little brushstroke, but once it dried down, they mostly disappeared. This polish is a win all around! 


The black nail is supposed to break up the pattern a little, because I found out that there is such a thing as too much gold for me :D I've completely fallen in love with Orly (their bottles are huge!), but they're a little hard to get here. I'm really lucky I got this one, though! 

PS: Please excuse my especially shameful looking cuticles here, I've been trying a new cream and somehow it left then even drier than before? So, the hunt for a good, affordable cuticle moisturizer continues!

3 comments:

  1. I am in love with that combo! I think the stamp work you do is so top knotch. I don't know if you guys can get Burt's Bees cuticle cream there but a lot of people with better nail care than me use it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll keep my eyes out for the Burt's Bees cream!

      Delete
  2. They are very, very pretty! So delicate and subtle, I like this manicure a lot :)

    ReplyDelete